Tuesday, April 18, 2006

An Orange & Blue Easter

There were no pastel colors in the Tweeddale flat this weekend. We had an orange and blue Easter. My father recorded and sent to us the NCAA Final Four game with the Florida Gators and the George Mason Patriots and the Championship game with the Gators and legendary UCLA.

We watched both games. The Gators were awesome to say the least. The championship game was one of the most perfectly executed basketball games I have every seen. Angela and I were amazed at how well this ban of sophomores played together. They were selfless. Hot-shots take note; team work does pay!

Noah is exceptional. He defies categorization. Brewer hustles on both ends of the court. He is an all-around ball player. Hoford has the strength in the paint and Green the ball handling skills at the point. And then there is Humphrey. The guy can't buy a free throw but can't miss a three! I'm glad to see that it looks like the team is staying together with the exception of Adrian Moss (he gets my 6th man award!). Although, I'm still holding my breath. If the NBA lottery does not get the better of them, the Gators could be strong contenders to take next year's title. The first back-to-back champs since Duke in '91 and '92. I don't think it's a stretch.

I think Billy Donnovan will be the determining factor if Noah and company remain in the NCAA. I could not be more impressed with this guy. The consummate coach and gentleman. If I was a basketball phenom, I would want to play for him. Along with Urban Myer (the Florida football coach), he is the kind of coach any mom or dad would want their kid to play for. He is a legend in the making.

Thanks so much for making the DVDs. We made some popcorn, pulled up our (purple) coaches, cheered for the Gators, and had a great time. What an Easter!

No comments: