Saturday, April 29, 2006

Get Back to Work!


Well, after a long process of applying, rejection, interviews, waiting and waiting and waiting....I have finally started my job! This past week was my first full week of work at my new job. I have been hired as a Clinical Assistant in the Radiology Department at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. I am not licensed to be a radiographer here in the UK so hopefully this will be the next best thing for me to be able to at least stay in the Radiology environment.

I arrived at the hosptial on Monday morning dressed nicely, since I was not told that I was to wear a certain uniform. I thought that I would spend a good amount of the day filling out paper work. Little did I know that I would be handed a uniform (a men's one at that) and told to put it on and was sent to Ultrasound, my first assignment. So there I was, in a man's uniform with dress shoes on!! I was so embarrassed. I will rotate ever 2 weeks between Ultrasound, Accident and Emergency, Radiology, CT and MRI, and Orthopaedics. At least I will have variety, but that means I will not work with the same people from week to week.

I will work Mon-Fri, 9-5 until my training is over in the middle of July. After July my shifts may change and I will work every 4th weekend Friday night and Saturday night 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Not as bad as it could be! So we are thankful for that.

The hardest part of my job has been trying to understand the people I work with and the patients. This is proving to be quite difficult and exhausting. I am sure with time that this will get easier. The first week of any job is always stressful and exhausting.

Please pray:

1. That I would adjust quickly and smoothly to the differences in culture and communication.
2. That I would be content with where the LORD has me.
3. That we would continue to trust the LORD to meet all of our needs.
4. That I would be a faithful witness by the way I live my life.
5. That I would know how to encourage my sweet husband.

Thanks for all of your support and for staying in touch! We always look forward to hearing from home!

No comments: